Company announces updates to the
Euclid and new distribution channels.
Highcon has announced that during the past few months it has been expanding in many directions. The company said that this was as a result of the interest being shown in its innovative digital cutting and creasing solution - The Highcon™ Euclid.
It identified these areas as:
Highcon has appointed new distribution channels all over the world:
- A to Z Graphic Solutions in Israel
- Canadian Printing Equipment in Canada
- Castiel Group in Mexico
- Matset in Turkey
- MGraf in Italy
- Monotech in India
The company has also appointed Manuel Perez Castellano to the position of sales manager, Europe. Castellano has spent the past 20 years in sales and marketing roles in the print industry, for companies like NUR Macroprinters (now HP) Vutek (now EFI, Gandi Innovations (now Agfa) and VIM Technologies.
New features for new applications
As a result of the experience gained at customer sites, Highcon has released details about new features already being implemented in the Euclid.
Substrates thickness and type
Highcon Euclid customers have produced work on substrates beyond the machines initial specifications:
- 0.25 mm (10 pt.) substrate
- Metallic coated board
Labels and stickers
- Self-adhesive labels and stickers are proving to be successful applications offering new substrate cutting possibilities for converters and printers.
- The separation of the two processes of cutting and creasing on the Euclid allows vastly increased flexibility, and the creation of reverse scoring with no need for additional equipment or complex dies.
Highcon Light Editor software tool
With the digitization of the post-print process, Highcon has developed a "light editor software tool" that allows Euclid operators to take full advantage of the digital technology by enabling:
- Last minute editing of crease and cut lines
- Partial cutting depth control
- Sharp angled cut control
- Individual box personalization
Highcon added that these new tools and features are enabling Highcon Euclid users and their customers to expand product offering, streamline workflow and develop new applications, while the extended distribution network is taking these benefits into new regions.
Follow us on Twitter - @DigiPrintNews
Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/DPNLive - (click the ‘LIKED’ button/top of page as well)
Copyright © 2014, DPNLIVE – All Rights Reserved.