Irish Stock Exchange announces major new support programme for next generation of IPO candidates.
- #IPOready will provide companies coming to market with crucial skills in capital raising, investor relations and business management
- Aileen O’Donoghue, Director of Strategy: “Our aim is to build a strong pipeline of high-quality companies with the business and the skills to prosper on the public markets.”
The Irish Stock Exchange (ISE) has today announced a major new programme aimed at companies that are on course for a stock market listing (initial public offering or IPO) in the next 5 years, which will be launched on 15 January 2015.
The #IPOready programme, which is supported by Enterprise Ireland and Invest Northern Ireland, will provide IPO candidate companies with a structured support programme to equip them with crucial skills in capital raising, investor relations and business management. The programme is being run in conjunction with DCU and ACG business mentors.
#IPOready will provide extensive support over 15 months to prepare successful applicants for the requirements of listing on the ISE and attracting investment from domestic and international shareholders. It will include lectures from corporate finance experts, investment practitioners and academics from DCU; coaching from mentors; and advice from senior ISE figures, entrepreneurs and leaders from Irish quoted companies.
Aileen O’Donoghue, Director of Strategy at the ISE, said:
“Listing on public markets brings enormous benefits for successful companies. Companies that have listed on the ISE raised €23.5bn between 2004 and 2013. Eight new companies have listed successfully in the past two years. This programme is designed to support more Irish companies to become IPO ready.
We want to make it easier for companies with potential to scale to follow in the footsteps of Ireland’s biggest corporate success stories such as Kerry Group, Ryanair and Paddy Power.
We’re looking for ambitious companies to come to the market and this programme will give them the skills they need to take their business to the next level as a successful quoted company. Our aim is to build a strong pipeline of high-quality companies with the business and the skills to prosper on the public markets.”
#IPOready is open to high-potential companies with:
- A proven track record in a high-growth sector
- Annual revenues of at least €5m and heading to €10m
- Commitment from two senior executives (Chairman, CEO, CFO) to participate in the programme
The programme will give candidate companies:
- Detailed understanding of large-scale funding options
- Opportunities to network with other ambitious, fast-growing companies
- Access to a network of top advisors, investors, entrepreneurs and academics with experience in growing companies to significant scale
- Support in achieving plans for future international growth
The programme commences in March 2015 and will be delivered in 3 phases over 15 months:
Phase 1 – Building core knowledge and skills
Phase 2 – Refining your business plan to make it IPO-ready
Phase 3 – Attracting investors, networking and accessing the equity markets
The closing date for applications is Friday, 30th January 2015; applications will be shortlisted by an expert committee, with successful candidates being announced at the end of February.
Full details of the programme are available in the IPO Programme Brochure available on www.ise.ie
Head of Public Affairs and Communications
Telephone +353 1 617 4200
Mobile + 353 87 2380265
Issued by The Irish Stock Exchange December 18 2014
To see further press releases from the ISE please go to http://www.dpnlive.com/index.php/business-finance/business-and-finance/irish-stock-market
You can Tweet, Like us on Facebook, Share, Google+, Pinit, print and email from the top of this article.