Xerox makes digital production colour market even more colourful, with debut of iGen 5.
Question! How do you make what is deemed as the industry’s most productive digital production colour platform even better? Add a fifth colour option, boost press uptime and offer multiple speed choices – these are the calling cards of the new Xerox iGen® 5 Press.
Xerox has said that thousands of iGen presses are already creating billions of high-quality, high-margin sales brochures, posters, photo books and pieces of direct-mail – often personalised and always in vibrant colour. It added that with the iGen platform, productivity gains of up to 25 per cent can be achieved since less time is spent on reprinting, quality control and job setup, continuing to make iGen devices the most productive digital presses on the market. And now it appears there’s another option to continue that momentum.
“We launched a digital colour revolution when we introduced the iGen platform in 2002,” commented Andrew Copley, president, Global Graphic Communications Operations, Xerox Technology. “And we continue to anticipate change and respond with new ways to convert pages from offset. The iGen 5 is fully customisable to meet page volume, application type and colour needs – all while delivering market-leading press uptime.”
Print providers can select the iGen® 5 150 Press (150 ppm), iGen® 5 120 Press (120 ppm) or iGen® 5 90 Press (90 ppm), and with a new scalable architecture, upgrading from one speed to the next seemingly is simple.
The optional fifth colour unit increases the ability to match a larger gamut of Pantone® colours or unknown spot colours without hindering productivity. Orange, green or blue options supplement CMYK and can accurately hit distinctive brand colours without moving short runs to offset.
A variety of colour matching, job setup and quality control automation tools ensure maximum uptime equating to more profitable pages flowing through an operation.
Other features include:
- An EFI Fiery or Xerox FreeFlow® Print Server to automate and integrate the workflow process from order to finish.
- Standard or matt dry ink options that add to the presses’ ability to create unique and eye-grabbing applications.
- 660mm sheet size to enable more jobs and applications such as six-panel brochures, gatefold pamphlets, pocket folders and direct-mail campaigns.
- 2400 x 2400 dpi imaging system, Object Oriented Halftoning, Xerox Confident Colour and Auto Density Control to deliver reliable and predictable image quality.
- A range of inline finishing solutions, including Xerox IntegratedPLUS Finishing and Dual Mode Sheet Feeder to manage jobs with diverse finishing requirements.
The iGen 5 complements the existing offerings within the iGen family – the iGen® 150 and iGen4® Diamond Edition – by continuing to expand the scope of applications that can be produced using Xerox’s production colour portfolio.
The iGen 5 150 Press and EFI Print Server are available immediately worldwide. The iGen 5 120 Press, iGen 5 90 Press and FreeFlow Print Server will be available in September.
Learn more at www.xerox.com.