Redesigned user Interface, customizable workspaces
and enhanced fill options help users add
speed and power to their workflow.
OTTAWA, ON – March 27, 2014 – Corel® today introduced CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7, the latest version of its flagship graphics suite. With a redesigned and highly customizable user interface, the suite is tailored to each user’s workflow, offering new ways to increase productivity during every step of the design process.
“During the creation of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7, we solicited customer input more than ever before,” said Gérard Métrailler, Senior Director, Product Management – Graphics, Corel. “Each new feature is the result of direct customer feedback. Our goal is to ensure that CorelDRAW users can get the job done as fast as possible. So, we let them decide how they work with CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7.”
This major release features powerful fill capabilities, high DPI, multi-monitor and touchscreen compatibility, and more ways to share content with the CorelDRAW community. In addition, multi-core and native 64-bit support allows users to run multiple applications and process large files with ease. The program will help users get started quickly, complete projects efficiently and make the design process their own.
New/Enhanced Time-Saving Features in CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7:
- Workspace Selection: Choose between six pre-set workspaces based on proficiency levels and specific tasks: Lite, Default, Classic, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Advanced Page Layout or Advanced Illustration
- Quick Customization: Tailor the workspace to reflect any workflow by simply adding or removing dockers, tools and other items
- Fountain Fills: Get better results faster with total control over fills and transparency; create elliptical and rectangular fountain fills, control transparency within the individual colors of a fountain fill, repeat fills within objects and adjust a fill’s angle
- Font Playground: Quickly and easily browse, experiment with and choose the perfect font
- Multiple Document Interface: Work with and switch between numerous documents, across multiple monitors, in a tabbed view to streamline any project
- Photo-Editing Tools in PHOTO-PAINT: Create unique images with pressure-sensitive liquid tools (Smear, Attract and Twirl) and camera effects (Bokeh blur, Sepia Toning and Time Machine)
- High DPI Support: Get a consistent appearance across devices with high DPI monitors; the interface is easily adapted for touchscreen capability, making it compatible with the latest PCs, laptops and tablets
- QR Code Generator: Create customized QR codes that feature colors, images and text; with one click, make sure the QR code is validated for all mobile devices
- Alignment Guides: Position objects quickly and accurately with suggested alignments to nearby objects
- OpenType® Support, including Asian Text: Save time with extended support for OpenType fonts, including Asian fonts, for full control over typography
- Built-in Content Exchange: Collaborate easily by sharing vector, bitmap and fountain fills with the community through this online repository, integrated with Corel® CONNECT™
Also Available Today: Companion Apps from Corel
- NEW – Patterns (iPhone iOS 7): Create one-of-a-kind patterns from digital photos, then share and sync these patterns with CorelDRAW X7 through the Corel Content Exchange, or with other applications such as Photoshop. Available for free through the Apple Store
- ENHANCED – Designs (Windows 8.1): Find and share images from the Corel Content Exchange, iStockPhoto, Fotolia and other galleries; synchronize them directly with CorelDRAW through Microsoft OneDrive. This app is free through the Windows Store
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7 Includes:
- CorelDRAW® X7: Intuitive vector-illustration and page-layout application
- Corel® PHOTO-PAINT™ X7: Professional image-editing application
- Corel® PowerTRACE™ X7: Bitmap-to-vector tracing utility (included in CorelDRAW X7)
- Corel® CONNECT™ X7: Browser to access digital content in the Content Exchange and on a local computer
- Corel® Website Creator™: Website-design application
- Corel® CAPTURE™ X7: One-click screen capture utility
- PhotoZoom Pro 3: Plug-in to export and enlarge digital images from Corel PHOTO-PAINT
- ConceptShare: Collaboration tool for sharing artwork and ideas with colleagues and clients
- CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7 also includes 10,000 clipart and digital images, 2,000 high-resolution digital photos, 1,000 OpenType fonts, 350 professionally designed templates, 2,000 vehicle templates, 800 frames and patterns, over five hours of training videos and much more.
For a full list of everything included in CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7 and to download a free 30-day trial, please visit www.corel.com/coreldraw.
Corel Gives Users Choice
Corel understands that purchase preference varies between customers. Therefore, customers can purchase CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7 in three unique ways:
- Perpetual License: Make a one-time payment and own the product permanently; available as a box or download version
- Premium Membership: Add a Premium Membership to a perpetual license for a nominal fee and receive early access to new features, exclusive content and the next major release of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite at no extra cost
- Subscription: Pay a monthly or annual fee and use the product for as long as payments are made; receive the same benefits as Premium Membership
Availability and Pricing
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7 is now available in English, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Brazilian-Portuguese, Dutch, Polish, Czech, Russian, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional and Japanese. It can be downloaded at www.corel.com/coreldraw. Shipping begins April 7, 2014. The full version is priced at £399 GBP excluding VAT and the upgrade is £179 GBP excluding VAT. Subscription is available for £22.95 GBP including VAT per month or £179.40 GBP including VAT per year. Premium Membership is available for £95.40 GBP including VAT per year. Commercial and educational volume licenses are also available.
Press release by Corel Corporation
Follow us on Twitter - @DigiPrintNews
Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/DPNLive - (click the ‘LIKED’ button/top of page as well)