Corel has launched CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite X6, the latest version of its flagship graphics suite. It features a completely revamped typography engine with powerful shaping tools and new colour styles and harmonies.
Corel says the new features and numerous enhancements included in the latest suite address the needs of CorelDRAW users in a wide variety of industries, including sign making, graphic design, fashion/apparel design, wide format printing, marketing, print production, screen printing, awards and engraving, vehicle wrap design, and others.
John Falsetto, senior product manager, CorelDRAW says:
“Our CorelDRAW community consistently inspires us with their creativity and versatility. Members play a central role in helping us determine the essential features and enhancements that will help to accelerate the design process, while enabling them to showcase their true design style. We want to provide our users with all of the tools and options they need to be as creative and productive as possible so that they can share their vision and inspire others through their work.”
Key new features and enhancements include:
- Advanced OpenType® Support: Create text with advanced OpenType® typography features, such as contextual and stylistic alternates, ligatures, ornaments, swash variants and more.
- New custom-built colour harmonies: Modify colours collectively in a harmony and analyse colours and hues to deliver complementary colour schemes.
- New native 64-bit and enhanced multi-core support: Quickly process files and images up to 50 per cent faster than before.
- New creative vector shaping tools: Add effects using four new vector shaping tools – Smear, Twirl, Attract and Repel.
- New styles engine and docker: Format with speed and simplify the creation, application, and management of styles for consistent formatting across multiple objects.
- New Smart Carver™: Remove unwanted areas from an image while simultaneously maintaining the photo’s aspect ratio.
- Improved page layout capabilities: Create design layouts using new and improved master layer functionality, alignment guides, interactive frames and much more.
- Redesigned object properties docker: Save time, fine-tune designs and get access to the object settings in one centralised location.
What’s included in CorelDRAW Graphics X6:
- CorelDRAW® X6, an intuitive vector-illustration and page-layout application;
- Corel® PHOTO-PAINT™ X6, a professional image-editing application;
- Corel® PowerTRACE™ X6, a utility to quickly and accurately convert bitmaps into editable vector graphics;
- Corel® CONNECT™, a full-screen browser to search the suite’s digital content on a computer, local network, or disc and stock imagery from iStockPhoto® and Fotolia;
- Corel CAPTURE™ X6, a one-click screen capture utility;
- Corel® Website Creator™ X6, a new do-it-yourself website creation software.
Users also receive 10,000 high-quality clipart and images; 1,000 new professional high-resolution digital photos; 1,000 open type fonts, including premium fonts such as Helvetica®; 2,000 vehicle templates; 350 professionally designed templates; and 800 frames and patterns. Corel says it will continue to enhance the CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 experience by making more content and functionality available throughout the lifecycle for X6 users.
All box versions of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 include a comprehensive full-colour, hard cover guidebook to help users of all skill levels getting started quickly.
For a full list of everything included in CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 and to download a free 30-day fully-functional trial version, please visit www.corel.com/coreldraw.
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 is available immediately as an electronic download (ESD) from www.corel.com in English, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Brazilian-Portuguese and Dutch. Box versions will be available from Corel’s authorised resellers in a few weeks.
For more detailed information about upgrade policies please visit www.corel.com/coreldraw. Commercial and education licenses are also available.
Meet the CorelDRAW Community
- Join the user community www.coreldraw.com
- Connect with CorelDRAW on Facebook www.facebook.com/coreldrawgraphicssuite
- Follow our updates @CorelDRAW
Copyright © 2012, DPNLIVE – All Rights Reserved