Mutoh partners with If You Leave (IYL) for large-format fine art photography showcase.
Mutoh has announced an innovative promotion in the form of an international platform to demonstrate the high end printing quality and fine art capabilities of its wide format printers. It has partnered with If You Leave (IYL) for the IYL Showcase, the first edition of which will take place in London, United Kingdom, from October 23 until November 14, 2014.
If You Leave (IYL) is a distinctive collection of images that tell their own unique story using a series of snapshots. These tell of a journey made by wanderers who study the mysterious yet peaceful feeling of desolation and loneliness, initially brought together on a publicly accessible Flickr photo stream. Curated by photographer Laurence Von Thomas since 2009, the project has been instrumental in giving a voice to young photographers from around the world and provided many of them with the exposure needed to help launch their professional careers.
IYL and Mutoh intend to bring 20 unique photographical works of young international photographers to the larger public as part of the initial event and the fine art prints will be spread across 20 East London venues.
For the production of these large format outputs, IYL chose the Mutoh ValueJet 1638X high quality production printer. All the images were printed onto Folex® paper in sizes of 1.2 x 0.8 m.
Besides the 20 large format outputs, the images were also printed in a smaller format onto Mutoh’s new 24” wide ValueJet 628 desktop printer for the “Pocket IYL Showcase”, an 11 day exhibition at the well-known Foyles Flagship store in Soho.
The initial focus in the first year is to set up the exhibition in London with a strong campaign of global exposure, establishing the identity of the Showcase. In 2015, the plan is to bring the Showcase to different cities around the world.
As a preview, a high quality wide format photograph will be displayed at Mutoh’s booth at this year’s Viscom Italia show (Hall 1 – Stand R19 / R21) - Fiera Milano, Italy, October 16–18, to promote the IYL Showcase and Mutoh’s partnership with If You Leave.
ValueJet 628 - Compact 24” Wide Desktop Printer
- The ValueJet 628 is Mutoh’s smallest sign & display printer aimed at start-up businesses, small sign makers, department stores and quick print providers. Offering a media width of 630 mm (24”), this compact printer has been developed for a wide array of applications ranging from in-store printing, commercial print, fine art as well as signage and print-to-cut jobs. It delivers print speeds up to 12.5 m2/h at 720 x 720 dpi.
ValueJet 1638X - 64” High Speed Printer for Top Quality Outputs
- Mutoh’s ValueJet 1638X dual head 1625 mm (63.97”) wide printer model has been specifically developed for high quality volume production of sign and display graphics for long-term outdoor applications as well as durable prints for indoor use.
- The printer produces sellable top quality graphics at typical production speeds up to 36 m2/h (720 x 720 dpi). The VJ-1638X reaches top speeds of 94 m2/h.
For more information:
- IYL Showcase blog : http://iylshowcase.tumblr.com/tagged/showcaseblog
- Mutoh’s ValueJet 628 : http://www.mutoh.eu/en-us/products/signdisplay/valuejet628.aspx
- Mutoh’s ValueJet 1638X: http://www.mutoh.eu/en-us/products/signdisplay/valuejet1638x.aspx
You can Tweet, Like us on Facebook, Share, Google+, Pinit, print and email from the top of this article.
Copyright © 2014, DPNLIVE – All Rights Reserved.